As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60 years now. Today, worldwide more than 7,200 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
In Bremen we are looking for an
Applications Development Specialist (m/f/d) Aufgaben
The Applications Development Specialist (m/f/d) is responsible for developing methods and solutions according to the new analytical needs in the following markets: Foods, Environmental and Toxicology/Forensic, mainly. In addition, he/she will be responsible for the methods implementation at other Bruker facilities to ensure colleagues in Bruker’s demonstration laboratory can successfully demonstrate to prospective customers. Analytical techniques to cover include: DART Triple Quadrupole and UHR-QTOF and TIMS.
- Method development for quantification, multi-target screening and non-targeted workflows with our LC-, GC-, and DART-(TIMS)-QTOF mass spectrometers
- Define requirements for hardware and software development in close collaboration with the applications development and R&D departments in Germany, Switzerland, and the USA
- Test new instrumentation and software from an applications point of view
- Develop system solutions for the applied markets
- Present new applications data and our solutions on scientific conferences
- Prepare trainings and marketing material
- Manage collaborations with international reference customers
- Demonstration of our system solutions for the analysis of pesticides, drugs or food contaminants for our international customers
- Background as chemist, food chemist or pharmacologist with a focus on analytical chemistry and Ph.D. would be ideal
- Practical experience with LC/MS and GC/MS mass spectrometers, experience with QTOF, IMS-QTOF or MALDI-TOF mass spectrometers would be beneficial
- Practical experience in pharmacology, pesticide, drug, or doping analysis using mass spectrometry, screening applications or small molecule quantitation. Proven proficiency in chromatographic separations, particularly HPLC and/or GC
- A thorough understanding of the role of mass spectrometry, in particular GC/LC-MS, as well as of its challenges in the area of quantification and multicomponent screening applications
- Excellent ability to communicate and willingness to closely interact with our customers and your colleagues in Bremen, Switzerland, and Billerica
- A good knowledge in MS-Office, basic knowledge in Python programming would be beneficial
- Fluent in spoken and written English, additional languages would be a plus
- Willingness to travel nationally as well as internationally for approx. 10 – 20 % of the time
We offer a diversified job in an interdisciplinary project team with flat hierarchies and short decision processes, and a secure, unlimited employment relationship in an international group with flexible working hours and a wide range of benefits.